Saturday, March 28, 2009

An Introduction


Given that this blog was just created, an introduction is in order. My name is Capt. Dave Schauber. I am a native to Maryland's Eastern Shore. I have fished on the Chesapeake Bay my entire life. From the late 1970s to the late 1990s, I operated sawmills for a living. After relocating to Dorchester County in 1981 to operate another sawmill, I quickly became known in the community as simply "The Sawyer", and I am still referred to by that title to this day. It is often confused with my last name. This is the origin of my business name, and hence the boat name.

After moving to Dorchester County, I started to fish the lower and middle Chesapeake Bay, in addition to the Honga River, Fishing Bay, and other local bodies of water for years. I started out with small, center-console boats and worked my way up to eventually owning a 42-foot Bay-built vessel. I obtained my Captain's License in 1992, and began to run fishing charters on the weekends and on my days off. After building my business for several years, I made the decision to leave the sawmill and begin running charters full time in 1999. My business has continued to grow, leading to the construction of my new boat in 2002.
I would now like to share my thoughts and experiences with an internet audience, hence the creation of this blog. Please stay tuned to this blog for further insights along with fishing reports as the season progresses. You can also catch me online at my website, http://www.sawyercharters.com/.

Capt. Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment